Thursday, July 31, 2008

My Mommy


My mom passed away four years ago today. I'd like to say that it seems like it's gone by fast, but really it seems like FOREVER! I miss my mom every single day. She was truly the best, most Christlike person I've ever met. Here's a few reasons why this world is a lesser place without her in it...
She had the most contagious laugh.
She loved to play practical jokes.
She would always take a dare to do crazy things.
She had the most beautiful, shiny black hair.
She had the friendliest, whitest smile.
She was the funnest, most loving Grandma.
Her goal in life was to make other's lives easier.
She was the hardest worker (business, yard, house, everything)
She loved simple pleasures...(Vanilla Coke, sunrises at Lake Powell, massages, the Carpenters, Josh Groban, church music, funny movies, tanning, Woody's hamburgers, vacations,
her favorite hair brush, children, friends, garage sales, and thin rootbeer freezes)
She always had candles lit around the house and it was always so cozy.
She could do anything and everything... (cook, clean, plumbing, painting, lay tile, trim trees,
change a tire, be a travel agent, psychologist, banker..anything)
She would always cry with you when you needed it.
She was everyones friend.
She took on the weight of the world.

Most of all, she always made me feel so safe, important, and loved.

I miss her so much. But I know I will see her again someday!
All I can say now is that... "Heaven is so lucky to have her."

10 comments:

Scha&Andi said...

crying... that is really beautiful. i am so sorry you have to go through the rest of your life without your great mom! and especially for your kids. i can't imagine what you must feel but i do know you sound just like her. your a sweetie with a great big heart... do something she'd be happy to see you do today!

and yes the dog has a sippy cup under the trampoline...haha! how did you see that? she's a hound i tell ya.

your great! ♥

Natali Thompson said...

I was thinking about her just the other day. My mom and I were talking about her and she has some fun memories with your mom. I am so sorry. Hang on to the memories until you do get to see her again someday!

Bell Family said...

You are incredibly strong...just like your mother. The way you carry on in your life and with her memory with such dignity, class and faithfulness just shows the type of mother that she way to raise such a faithful daughter.

Lisa Erskine said...

This brought tears to my eyes! Your Mom sounds perfect. I wish I could have met her. If she's anything like you...which I'm sure she is...then she's an amazing woman! I'm so sorry for your loss...but it's comforting to know that some day you'll be together again!

Durrant said...

She sounds like such an amazing woman! It sounds like she has passed on so many of these great qualities to you. I can only imagine how hard days like these must be for you (my dad passed away a few years ago). How great it is to know that you will be reunited in Heaven! You are such a strong person. Thank you for sharing those sweet and special thoughts!

Wendi said...

So, I've pretty much been ignoring the computer after working so much and darn me for missing out on these posts.
Liz, wow ... Great reads! I really liked this one, the anniversary, the piggies, the birthdays, baptisms, and especially seeing your dance moves in dress ups on an incredible 24th post. What a busy fun month you've had! I am sorry about your mom. I appreciate your perspective. I can see you are doing lots of things to follow in her footsteps by noticing the small things, loving others, cultivating talents, and making the most out of enjoying life with those around you. I like where your head is at. Luv ya girlie.

margo said...

I'm so sorry you have to go through raising your kids without your mom around. I know how close you two were. I still remember meeting her at the yellow house -- she was beautiful. Your description of her is exactly describing you -- you are just like her.

schaars said...

I can't believe that it has been 4 years. She was such a amazing woman and so much fun to be around. I have so many funny memories of her in Lake Powell and on our wild Cruise!!!! Liz you are so much like her in so many ways and your kids will know her through you.

Amy said...

I still remember the phone call about your mom like it was yesterday! I can't believe it's been 4 years. Your mom was like my second mom growing up. This post describes her perfectly. Very nice tribute. Can't wait to see her again-

Lindsey said...

I miss your mom too. Love her like a mom, love you like a sis.