Hannah had her "maturation" program yesterday. Does this child look old enough to need a maturation program??? I swear I just gave birth to her last week!!! Speaking of giving birth, Hannah's eyes were certainly opened!
Anyway, I met her at the school in the multipurpose room for an hour of sheer bliss!! I had forgotten what a big deal the maturation program was when I was in the fifth grade. The little girls were mortified most of the time. The highlight of the afternoon was the goodie bags, which consisted of a book, free Kotex pad, and coconut deoderant.
Hannah told my friend Natalie (who is also her violin teacher) that it was "creepy"and "hormones this and hormones that." How funny!
Hannah, I love you....you are such a good sport!
4 comments:
Oh my gosh! That is so crazy...I totally remember that day in school and the "goodie bag". I can't believe you have a fifth grader! That doesn't seem possible. You look amazing-and for having all those kids too! You'll have to join us bowling sometime-help us give Bree a hard time!
I forgot about that fun little night! They didn't do that in AZ or WA! We took Colton out to dinner about a year ago, and laid things out for him! I thought his eyes were going to pop out of his head. He was sucking down his drink as fast as he could the whole time we were trying to talk to him. Too funny. I don't think we're old enough to be doing this, are we???
It is not fair that we are officially the "parents" (sometimes I think I am still a teenager playing house) and get to deal with all this good stuff! I'm sure you and Hannah did great, you seem to have such a great relationship.
What a beautiful girl Hannah is!
I'm dreading the day...and it's coming too fast! I sometimes wonder if I need to have "the talk" sooner than 5th grade...some of these kids these days know WAY more than they should at their age!! I want my kids to hear it from me, rather than hear it from crazy kids on the school bus...you know what I mean? Yikes!! Hannah is a cute girl!
Post a Comment