Last week for Family Night, we had a "lights out" party. From 5:00 on, we didn't use any electricity in our house. We made tacos on the gas stove, the kids took a bath with candle light and we read books, played games, and read our scriptures in the dark with our flashlights. It actually ended up being one of the kids favorite family nights ever!!! They said they wanted to do it every week, but we got them to agree on once a month. It not only saved power, but it taught the kids that it's fun to just hang out and enjoy the quiet times with the family. It was so nice not to hear a radio, t.v, microwave, phone, or computer all night long!!!
Sunday, April 6, 2008
Our "Lights out Party"
Last week for Family Night, we had a "lights out" party. From 5:00 on, we didn't use any electricity in our house. We made tacos on the gas stove, the kids took a bath with candle light and we read books, played games, and read our scriptures in the dark with our flashlights. It actually ended up being one of the kids favorite family nights ever!!! They said they wanted to do it every week, but we got them to agree on once a month. It not only saved power, but it taught the kids that it's fun to just hang out and enjoy the quiet times with the family. It was so nice not to hear a radio, t.v, microwave, phone, or computer all night long!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That "lights out party" sounds fun! Sorry we missed dinner the other night. We were bummed! Let's do it again real soon! You're becoming quite the blogger, aren't you!?! Isn't it so addicting...and what a great way to keep a journal (because I don't otherwise)! :)
Okay, I kind of have an addictive personality, but this is ridiculous! I could look at all the darling blogspots all day long!
I figured out how to download a template. Tell me what you think!
Thanks (kind of) for getting me started!
Love Ya,
Nat
Hey Liz...way to go on the blog. I got to yours from Bree's (of course!) and it is darling. What a fun idea to do a lights out-my kids would love that!
Natali
I love that idea for FHE.
I'm so glad you have joined up on the blog bandwagon. Maybe with all of you blogging, I will do better at posting on our blog.
This is the cutest idea for FHE ever. You are the best little Mom. We will totally have do do this with our kids too. They'd love it.
Post a Comment