We have some new members in our family....a few little, baby chicks. For those of you that don't know us too well, we love chickens here at the Mackay's. Especially me!! For some odd reason, I have always taken a liking to chickens. We used to have 8 of them, and then I got pregnant and could not keep up with the cleaning and such so we gave them to a sweet little farmer.
Yesterday, I went into the feed store to buy a little food for the "baby chicks" that will be coming home from school with Addie in a few days, and I ended up leaving the feed store with 5 "baby chicks". Holy cow, I cannot say "no" to chicks. What was I thinking. Right now I am trying to keep the little runt of the group alive and hand feeding and watering it and praying it will survive. We'll keep you posted on the outcome. However; the other four are doing splendid!!! Wish us LUCK!
6 comments:
What cute little chicks. I've been told I'm a pretty cute chick.
hahahahah....I "crack" myself up.
Are you kidding me?? That is quite the job-and Bree gives me a lot of c@#p for having two cats-I'd love to hear what she really has to say about 5 chicks! They are really cute though-can we bring the kids over to the Mackay Farm instead of going to Thanksgiving point? :)
I can't believe you haven't talked Brandond into moving to a farm yet! Baby chicks, are you kidding me??
It's good to know where to leave ours when Daniel brings them home from school and it's a little much for us! Did you get enough food for two more? (ours)
It's good to see Bree found time to comment on people's blogs since she doesn't really do that!
Love ya!
Can my poor kids come and live with you? They would love ANY kind of pet...and baby chicks are kind of cute! :) How fun!
Addie told us about the chicks on Saturday...you seriously crack me up! Your kids are so lucky to have such a cool mom like you. You are my idol.
Post a Comment