Brandon's Softball Game "Go 4th Ward"
Trying to force Easton to "spit out" the rubber ball in his mouth!
I love seeing all the new "babies" at the farm. Spring is so full of life, it is my favorite time of year!
The goose in the picture, is eating "paint" off the wall. So hilarious!
Chance just kept chasing the poor ducks around the farm...they certainly got good exercise.
There have been times when I have had people ask me what I do all day? Or tell me that they could never be a stay-at-home mom because they would be so bored! So, in honor of those people, I have decided to post a list of my boring, lazy Tuesday:
*Get up at 7:30 a.m due to my one year old shaking his crib and screaming loudly and swinging his poopy diaper around in his crib.
*Get the other 3 kids out of bed.
*Make breakfast (oh no, my kids think cereal is "child abuse" so I usually make oatmeal or french toast)
*Do girls hair (with bows) and lots of screaming and arguing involved!
*Make all the beds (change sheets if any bloody noses, bottle leaks, or pee pee)
*Feed and water dogs
*Start a load of laundry ( the first of about 3 a day)
*"Check blog"
*Pay Bills
*Clean out chicken coop
*Get showered and dressed (in 5 minutes or less, before Easton and Chance torch the house)
*Dress the little boys
*Switch laundry again
*Take boys to "wheeler farm"
*Get the boys some lunch
*Bring boys home for naps (this requires making a bottle, and a sippy cup, change diapers and a short story)
*Fold laundry and put away
*"Check blogs"
*Pick up house, clean bathrooms, unload dishwasher, vacuum
*Bring in garbage cans from the street
*Take the boys for a short bike ride
*Drop some things off to a friend (ya hoo, "adult conversation")
*Feed and water the dogs again
*Girls come home from school/help with homework
*Make the girls a snack and load up in the car
*Take Hannah and Chance to tutoring
*Take Hannah to dance
*Go to Chance's t-ball game
*Take Addie to dance
*Meet Brandon for a quick hamburger at "Training Table" (no time to cook today)
*Go to Brandon's Softball game
*Pick girls up from dance
*Bath Easton and put to bed. (1 down - 3 to go)
*Make the girls and Chance a late snack because they are starving. (its 9:30pm)
*BLOG (hooray)
*Help with whatever homework is left
*Read scriptures with family
*Finally get myself ready for bed.
*Watch "Dancing with the Stars" and "Deadliest Catch" (pre-recorded of course)
*Go to bed, sleep like a baby, and do it all over again tomorrow! (But I love it!!)
Note: I could not include the following activities because they take place too many times to count (diaper changes, tying shoes, bathroom stops, and wiping snotty noses)
9 comments:
I LOVE THIS!!! I love rambling off a list like that when Jimmy comes home from work thinking I have been laying around all day...like the laundry etc. does itself :)
Awesome post! It is so true. Being a stay at home mom is way harder than working full-time. I love your list and I'm sure you could add several more items on it.l
True!! True!!! True!! This is one to show the husbands.
I am impressed I don't know how you do it!!! I get overwhelmed with one does that make me a bad mom? Oh and I forgot I got my coral colored outfit in Vegas its a "juicy" I bet you could find it online. We should meet at Wheeler farm I live in walking distance I bet Easton and Sienna would have fun together!
Doesn't it sometimes seem overwhelming? I love it though and wouldn't want to be doing anything else. One of these days we will get you to add The Bachelor to your long list-we have the best parties! Did you cut your hair (or is it pulled back?) It looks cute!
Oh yes, I can totally relate. My day is a little different -- I look out the window about every 10 minutes to see if the lake is glass:) If it is, drop everything and got for a quick ski. Soon, we won't ever have to worry about crap water again. Your kids are so cute!
So true! About time someone gives the reality. I used to be one of those who thought one could be bored, but now...I never say never anymore. Thanks for the great blog!
Amen Sister!
I think I need a nap after just reading this! You are a super woman/super mom. You're kids (and Brandon) are so lucky to have you.
Post a Comment