Sunday, April 6, 2008

We are grateful for...Conference


Today we have been able to enjoy General Conference. We got up early and cooked a large breakfast for the family and got all cleaned up and showered and picked up the house so that we could just sit back and relax while watching conference. The kids were very entertained with the conference coloring books (thanks Aunt Jen & Uncle Chris, we gave them to a bunch of our neighbors too).
How lucky are we to have such great leaders to guide us. It will be fun to get to know President Monson better...It is still so weird not to see our little Gordon B. Hinkley. I will truly miss him.
I loved, loved, loved Brother Ballards talk on "mothers". Brandon and the girls listened closely, and I glared at them a few times. I'm going to play that talk to them each morning as they get up or each time they are being stinkers to me.
Also, I'm going to talk to my Bishop about putting a teleprompter on the pulpit in Relief Society, like the one they have in the conference center, I think it would really make my lessons much easier!!! I'll let you know how that goes.

2 comments:

aviolamom said...

Seriously, would you stop! So many changes in so little time! You are getting more creative by the minute. I just barely figured out how to do pictures!

love ya,
Nat

margo said...

I loved that talk too -- my favorite part was when he told the husbands to let the wives have time for themselves and to take over for us. Rick asked if we could please change the channel "isn't there something better on we could be watching?"